The SHOUT tw is an IP67 rated handheld, global, two-way satellite messaging and personal tracking device. It utilizes Iridium’s short burst data (SBD) service to provide location information determined by a GPS receiver, two-way inbound and outbound status, text messaging, and emergency/alert notifications.
The SHOUT tw is designed with ultra-low power consumption electronics drawing less than 35A during sleep. With an internal 1.95 A-Hr rechargeable Li-Ion battery, it can send a position report every hour for up to two months (about 1,600 reports). The SHOUT tw is equipped with a resistive high-resolution color touchscreen supporting transmission of free-text, canned messages and a combination of free-text and canned messages. Similar to a “smart” phone, the menu options are displayed as icons for quick access. The device can periodically wake up from sleep to send its position report to a command center. A 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. Data is packaged in either standard or 256-bit AES encrypted format. Data can also be sent in encrypted PECOS formats to include Brevity codes.
- Pocket-size, self-contained satellite tracker (4.2″ x 2.4″ x 0.9″, 7.5 oz)
- Ultra-low power consumption
- IP67 Rated
- Optional AES 256-bit encryption, both transmit/receive
- Two-way Communications
- Free-Text, Canned-Text and Check-In Messaging
- Normal and Waypoint Tracking
- Real-time reporting
- True global coverage
- Dimensions: 107 mm x 61 mm x 23 mm (4.2″ x 2.4″ x 0.9″)
- Weight: 213 g (7.5 oz)
- Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion, 1.95 A-Hr Single Cell, 2.7V to 5.5V
- I/O Interface: Standard USB Micro-B
- Software Interface: AT Commands through USB
- Operating Temp: –20°C to +60°C (–4°F to +140°F)
- Operating Humidity: < 75% RH
- IP Rating: IP67
- Operating Frequency: 1616.0 to 1626.5 MHz
- GPS Frequency: 1575.42 MHz (L1 carrier)
Connectivity & Available Plans
Service Plan Pricing
Data plans start at $29 per month.
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.