The SHOUT sp is a revolutionary Iridium-based smartphone. The SHOUT sp combines the Iridium tracking/messaging of the SHOUT line of products with an Android-powered handset. It features Iridium’s short burst data (SBD), SMS, voice calls, as well as the ability to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots for expanded Android app usage. It will be upgrade-able for Iridium commercial push-to-talk (PTT) service via a future software update.
The SHOUT sp features a high-resolution color touchscreen and an included SHOUT app. The included app supports the transmission of voice and canned messages. A guarded 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. The SHOUT sp also allows for the installation and usage of third-party apps such as ATAK or SitaWare.
- Android Operating System 6.0
- High-resolution touchscreen
- IP67 Rated
- Small Size: 4.9” L x 2.7” W x 0.9” D, 12 ounces
- Compatible with either DoD or Commercial Iridium Gateway
- Automatic location reports (>1500 reports per charge)
- Wi-Fi Connectivity a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Guarded 911 alert switch
- Camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Real-time, pole-to-pole coverage
- Dimensions: 125 x 69 x 23 mm (4.9” L x 2.7” W x 0.9” D)
- Weight: 341 g (12 oz)
- Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion, 1.95 A-Hr Single Cell, 2.7V to 5.5V
- I/O Interface: Standard USB Micro-B
- Software Interface: AT Commands through USB
- Operating Temp: –40°C to +85°C (–40°F to +185°F)
- Operating Humidity: < 75% RH
- Operating Frequency: 1616.0 to 1626.5 MHz
- GPS Frequency: 1575.42 MHz (L1 carrier)
Connectivity & Available Plans
Service Plan Pricing
Data plans start at $29 per month.
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.