Iridium Extreme® Push-to-Talk makes the power of fast, simple and secure group communication available on the toughest, most feature-rich satellite phone on the market — all at the push of a button.
Built for Push to Talk
For team communications, the Iridium Extreme® PTT is ruggedly engineered to support high-intensity users in some of the harshest conditions, everywhere on the planet. Enhanced with an intelligently designed Push-to-Talk mode, expanded loudspeaker, reinforced PTT button, and extended capacity battery, the Iridium Extreme® PTT takes reliable, global communications to the next level. The intuitive, user interface provides quick access to multiple communication services including voice calling, SMS, and SOS in Phone Mode and PTT Mode, allowing you to connect with your team instantly and securely, anywhere on the planet.
Push to Talk. Evolved.
Only Iridium can deliver push-to-talk the way it was meant to be – fast, simple, and adaptable to evolving situations with the power of Iridium’s global satellite network. In PTT mode, your teams have access to unparalleled situational awareness and control features your users will expect with added capabilities including:
- Automatic registration
- Over-the-air talkgroup programming
- PTT service status
- Dynamic talkgroup selection and monitoring
- Device talker ID
- Device talker distance and bearing
- Visual and audio talkgroup scan
All on the world’s farthest-reaching network enabling your teams to communicate instantly where they need it without the expense and limitations of traditional ground-based towers and repeaters.
Coverage areas, device security, and talkgroup configuration can all be adjusted over-the-air as needed by administrators using the Web-based Iridium Push-to-Talk (PTT) Command Center tool, simplifying support and maintenance of devices deployed in the field.
Iridium Extreme PTT Capabilities
- Global: Works pole-to-pole where you need it
- Mobile: Fully integrated for on-the-move, handheld use
- Fast: Call set-up and inter-call performance in-line with traditional solutions
- Simple: Automatic programming and registration with easy-to-use menu navigation
- Adaptable: Use on-foot, in-vehicle, or in-building with available accessories
- Secure: Push-to-Talk communications are kept private with AES 256 encryption
- Access users through on-demand tracking
- Monitor employees en route through position updates
- Use scheduled check-ins to instruct daily missions
- Ensure the safety of remote personnel
- Disable tracking on demand for stealth operations
- A diamond tread, tapered grip gives it the best in-hand ergonomics of any satellite phone on the market
- Using Google Maps, Iridium Extreme allows you to send an SMS text message with your exact location co-ordinates to anyone, from anywhere on the surface of the planet
- Meets military-grade durability standards
- Jet-water, shock, and dust resistance (IP65-rated)
- Compact, lightweight design for ultimate portability
- Diamond treaded, taper grip for in-hand ergonomics
- Integrated loudspeaker
- Rugged, high-gain antenna
- Daylight-readable, glare-resistant display
- 2.5mm headset and hands-free capability
- Mini-USB data port
- Dimensions: 140 mm (L) x 60 mm (W) x 32 mm (D)
- Weight: 268g
- Operating Temperature: -10C to 55C
- Phone Mode Battery Duration: Standby: Up to 54 hours, Talk time: Up to 6.5 hours
- PTT Mode Battery Duration: Standby: Up to 16.5 hours, Talk time: Up to 5 hours
Connectivity & Available Plans
The Iridium PTT requires a Voice and/or Data plan.
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.