Iridium Edge® Solar
Iridium Edge® Solar
The Iridium Edge® Solar is a standalone and programmable solar-powered Short Burst Data (SBD®) device. Its self-charging, low-maintenance, long field life, and over-the-air configuration allow for distinct tracking applications that can be implemented to create complex solutions for GPS tracking and communications.
- Bluetooth capability for wireless sensor integration and local device connectivity
- Over-the-air configuration changes
- Scheduled and interval-based reporting modes
- Start/stop reporting and in-motion reporting options
- Fully encapsulated, no external connectors needed
- Water Ingress protected
- Accelerometer and magnetometer
- LED status indicator
- Iridium Short Burst Data® (SBD®) modem for Iridium’s superior network advantages
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°F to 185°F
- Recommended Storage Temperature: Store below 90°F
- Ingress Protection: IP68
- High Temperature Resistance: MIL-STD-810G:501.5, IEC60068-2-2 to 185°F
- Low Temperature Resistance: MIL-STD-810G:502.5, IEC60068-2-1 to -58°F
- Combined Thermal and Humidity Exposure: MIL-STD-810G:507.5, 20-95% RH up to 140°F
- Solar Radiation Exposure: UL746C F1, ASTM-G154 to 1.0 yr
- Salt Fog Exposure: MIL-STD-810G:509.5 IEC60068-2-11 to 1000 hrs
- Combined Operational Temperature and Altitude: MIL-STD-810G:500.6 to 15000 ft
- Thermal Shock: MIL-STD-810G:503.5, 20 cycles between -40°F to 185°F < 1 min transition
- Impact Resistance: ASTM D3763
- Operational Vibration: MIL-STD-810G:514.7, IEC60068-2-80 to 7.5 Grms Random (5Hz-2000Hz)
- Mechanical Shock: MIL-STD-810G:516.7 to 300Gpk
- Dimensions: 6.46 in x 2.8 in x 1.3 in (L x W x H)
- Weight: ~1 lb
- Photovoltaic solar cells, rechargeable and primary batteries
- Smart power management system
- Up to 3-year shelf life
- Up to 10-year operational service life
- Back-up battery capacity provides 2x per day reporting for up to 5 years with no solar availability
- Brazil: ANATEL Resolucao N° 506 e Resolucao N° 442
- Australia/New Zealand: RCM – CISPR22
- Mexico: IFITEL, NOM121
Questions? Contact Us
Blue Sky Network is ready to help ensure you are able to connect reliably and with confidence. Have questions about how our solutions can help meet your connectivity needs? Contact us today
Purpose built for these key industries
We offer reliable, custom-design solutions powered by the world’s most advanced network to solve any connectivity challenge across land, sea, and air.
- Business Continuity
- Eliminate downtime and maintain communications that allow your business to run smoothly no matter the challenge.
- Disaster Relief
- Communication solutions that enable emergency management teams to provide greater and more strategic disaster recovery relief.
- First Responders
- Hardware, software, IoT trackers, and dashboard solutions that offer advanced connectivity, remote monitoring and sensing for first responders.
- Manage uncrewed mining systems, including autonomous mining vehicles, drilling equipment, and haulage.
- Oil & Gas
- Conducting projects in the field, monitoring coastline operations, or conducting marine research, track and manage your uncrewed assets for visibility and safety.
- Renewable Energy
- Drive meaningful action in reaching global net zero goals by tracking and monitoring electric vehicles, building automations, and solar, wind, and energy storage.
- Maintain real-time insights while remotely conducting powerline and pipeline surveillance and managing plant performance.
- Advanced connectivity and real-time fleet tracking for efficient, more productive train and locomotive fleet services.
The Blue Sky Network Advantage
Unprecedented Global Coverage
World-class solutions powered by Iridium’s cutting-edge satellite infrastructure deliver seamless connectivity and total asset visibility, no matter how far off the beaten path your operations take you.
Trusted industry experts
Global, solutions-driven team leveraging deep industry expertise to engineer advanced solutions trusted by governments, NGOs, and blue chip companies to connect, track, and secure their most valuable assets.
Intuitive, all-in-one solutions
Small form factor hardware and innovative cloud-based software are custom-designed and packaged to offer real-time communications and insightful analytics for your precise operational, device, network, and app needs.