The HawkEye ADT is an ICAO GADSS specification compliant satellite-based system that works on aircraft operating anywhere in the world. The product automatically reports aircraft position information for normal operations and defined distress anomalies. Position reports identify the aircraft and include critical 4D+3 parameters: time (UTC), latitude, longitude, altitude, heading, airspeed, and status; normal, abnormal (and why), distress (and why).
Additional events can be reported (e.g., take-off and landing, variable reporting rates, etc.) These individual position reports can be remotely configured at the discretion of the aircraft operator.
The HawkEye ADT is a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified product designed to be easy to install, operate, and maintain. The product derives power from the aircraft electrical bus and has an additional internal battery for resilience in the event of aircraft power failure. The HawkEye ADT also includes two-way global voice communications capabilities, as well as a redundant tracking capability for increased resilience.
The system includes a cockpit panel switch that the crew can activate to notify the aircraft operator in the event of a perceived emergency during flight. The HawkEye ADT hosts an independent 4D+3 GNSS capability as well as an AHRS module that can autonomously (independent of crew activation) determine possible distress. It also includes ARINC 429 read-only data inputs to calculate “out of bounds” criteria defined by the operator.
Position report messages are routed via the Iridium satellite network directly to the AOC using SkyRouter, Blue Sky Network’s aircraft tracking software platform. When the ADT is activated (autonomously or by the crew) position reports accelerate to one-minute intervals to the AOC where further action can be initiated.
- AHRS for increased aircraft state determination
- Wide-range power supply voltage for installation flexibility
- Dual Iridium satellite data modems for reliable 100% global transmission
- Additional satellite voice capability for global two-way communications
- Powerful data processor for advanced evaluation required by ADT
- Redundant GNSS receivers for reliable and resilient tracking data
- Read-only ARINC 429 data inputs for specific critical aircraft status details
- Standard Ethernet port for easy maintenance
- Backup battery for autonomous ADT operation in the event of aircraft power loss
- Complete installation kit included for fast and efficient deployment
- Remote cockpit panel push toggle switch for quick manual distress trigger
- Compact and lightweight
- Time / Distance Changes: Report aircraft position periodically based on lapsed time or distance changes.
- Flight Event: Report aircraft position during normal tracking based on programmable movement events (e.g., OOOI).
- Aircraft Event: Report aircraft position based on data from internal GNSS capability.
- Geofencing Event: Report aircraft position based on behavior related to geographically-defined boundaries.
- Manual Distress Event: Report aircraft position manually triggered by the crew during actual or perceived distress.
- Autonomous Distress Event: Report aircraft position automatically based on AHRS behavior determined to be abnormal and begin one-minute interval reporting.
- Custom Event: Report aircraft position based on compound rules using multiple data sources to fit your custom scenarios.
- Remote Configuration: All reporting parameters can be configured and updated remotely to support AOC objectives.
- Aluminum enclosure: 5.25” x 10.75” x 2.24”
- Weight: 3.2 lb (max)
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +70°C
- Operating humidity: less than or equal to 75% RH
- Storage temperature: -40°C to + 85°C
- Storage humidity: less than or equal to 93 % RH
Dual Iridium Modems
- ADT channel: Single-purpose ICAO-compliant ADT
- Voice channel: Iridium voice and redundant aircraft tracking
- ADT channel: 30 W (max)
- Voice channel: 15 W (max)
- Input voltage range: 10 VDC to 32 VDC
- Internal battery capacity: ~2 hours of one-minute reporting (only applicable to ADT channel)
- Hardware tested to RTCA/DO-160G qualifications applicable to part 25 and part 121 aircraft
- ADT and voice channels each have:
- MIL-DTL-38999: for power & data inputs
- TNC: for Iridium antenna
- SMA: for GNSS antenna
- ARINC 429 label input (read-only) with discrete recognition for key flight system monitoring and trigger for potential distress event
- Each channel hosts its own GPS receiver
- Location acquisition within one second at up to 2.5 meter accuracy
Flight Deck Control Panel
- ADT distress notification annunciator with dimmer control
- RJ-11 port for POTS telephone operations
- Manual distress crew activation toggle switch (push on / off)
The HawkEye ADT is the key component of the Blue Sky Network ADT system and it is set to provide full alignment with ICAO-GADSS defined concept of operations.
(2) Architecture requires additional component(s) to process input from aircraft systems and to detect and trigger ADT logic
(3) Only if Iridium-based
(4) Space-based ADS-B only
(5) Not required if reliable ATS surveillance is always available at 15-minute or better intervals
(6) Assumed, but unclear at this point
(7) Power only; not resilient to communication/navigation systems failures
(8) Examples include automated take-off / landing, 3D geofencing, variable reporting rates, OOOI times, ETA, ETE, route deviations, etc.