The New Standard
The HawkEye 7200A satellite tracking device meets and exceeds the proposed International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Global Aeronautical Distress Safety System (GADSS) required performance criteria for Transport Aircraft. Over the next several years, Air Transport Operators will be required to equip aircraft with enabling hardware products that are married to back-end services to support the ICAO GADSS vision. These airplane trackers will have to autonomously identify abnormal circumstances in flight and may also have to be “tamper-proof” with independence from the aircraft’s power.
With the HawkEye 7200A and SkyRouter, the industry-leading cloud-based web portal, there is no reason to wait—the building blocks are available now. Blue Sky Network offers aircraft operators a “best-in-class” ICAO GADSS solution designed to meet all expected aircraft tracking requirements.
Stay Connected At All Times
SkyRouter—Blue Sky Network’s advanced cloud-based web portal—brings another unrivaled quality to the HawkEye 7200A certified FAA flight tracker. Through SkyRouter, operators can easily view and manage aircraft communication at any location in the world at any given time. Maximizing the power of SkyRouter gives operators complete control and visibility of aircraft activity.
In the circumstance that aircraft communication has been defined by the operator as abnormal, SkyRouter will monitor these and route alerts locally and via SMS or email as instructed. With the occurrence of a distress event on the aircraft, while in flight, the operator will receive reports at an accelerated rate—everything is customizable at the discretion of the operator.
Light As Air, More Powerful Than Ever
Supported by Iridium’s powerful global network, the HawkEye 7200A weighs only one pound and boasts the most advanced technology on today’s market. Its high-grade GNSS receiver incorporates GPS and GLONASS for double-level tracking with exceptional accuracy.
Blue Sky Network’s flexible firmware platform also allows for easy remote upgrades to onboard hardware as the evolution of performance-based GADSS criteria changes. The unprecedented small form factor of the HawkEye 7200A was designed to allow the unit to replace the required #2 ELT (a pending ICAO proposal).
ICAO GADSS Qualifying Features:
- Normal tracking – optional settings set by the aircraft operator
- Operator defined autonomous position reporting options based on time, location, or events
ICAO Projected Abnormal Event Position Reporting:
- Ship power disconnected while in flight (with battery backup option)
- Variable advanced reporting geofences – different rates based on geofence
- Compound rules capability (e.g >20,000 ft and V/S > 5000 FPM
- Attitude deviations as defined by an Operator
- Over-the-air reset option by Operator
- Ping option by Operator
Additional Product Features:
- High-grade GNSS receiver inside including GLONASS
- FAA- certified, AML STC
- ELT replaceable unit with same three-wire cockpit controllability
- Over- the-air parameter changes
- Device side hosted geofences
- Over-the-air firmware upgrade option
- HE100A Accessory Option includes voice capability and Bluetooth connectivity to BSN iOS Apps for messaging and forms
- True Global Coverage – The Iridium global network of 66 low-earth-orbit (LEO) satellites offer faster connection times and true global coverage, so you know where your important assets are all of the time.
- QPOS Button – With a single press of the Quick Position Button (QPOS), you can quickly send an alert and position report to your contact list through SkyRouter.
- SkyRouter Command Center – The HawkEye 7200A communicates directly to SkyRouter, Blue Sky Network’s web portal—where you can track, communicate and manage all your assets.
- Advanced Device-Side Geo-Fencing – The device connects directly with SkyRouter, which supports advanced variable response (AVR) geo-fencing. It allows creating radius or polygonal fences, variable responses and alerts.
- Operating Temperature Range: -30 ºC to 70 ºC
- Operating Humidity: < 75 % Relative Humidity
- Storage Temperature: – 40 ºC to 85 ºC
- Storage Humidity: < 93 % Relative Humidity
- Certifications: RTCA/DO-160G, Section 4,6,8,10, 16, 17, 21, FAA-certified with AML STC, Iridium-certified
- Input Voltage Range: 10 – 32 VDC
- Input Power: (max) 15W
- Dimensions: 5.5” x 5.61” x 1.6”
- Weight: ~ 1 lb
- Iridium Connector Type: TNC (f)
- Iridium Antenna Frequency: 1616 MHz to 1626.5 MHz
- Iridium Antenna Type: Passive
- GNSS Connector Type: SMA (f)
- GNSS Antenna Frequency: 1560 to 1606 MHz
- GNSS Antenna Type: Active
- GNSS Channels: GPS L1 C/A GLONASS L1
Connectivity & Available Plans
The HawkEye 7200A requires an Iridium data service plan.
Connects with SkyRouter Command Center
This device is equipped to connect and work with the SkyRouter Command Center.